Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜.
You can cook Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 using 35 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table des Matières
Ingredients of Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜
- You need 1 of whole Chicken, 1.5 kg cut into 8 pieces. Wash.
- It’s 600 ml of (thin) & 300ml (thick, concentrated) can Coconut Cream.
- You need 600 ml of Water boiled from the kettle: as needed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Rice Bran oil, Alfa one brand.
- You need 3 cm of fresh Kencur or 1/2 tsp ground Kencur.
- It’s 3 cm of fresh Ginger peeled, slice thinly.
- You need 1 cm of fresh Turmeric,skin on slice thickly (1/2 tsp ground curry).
- Prepare 3 of Candle nuts/Macadamia (Kemiri).
- You need 1 of Lemongrass stalks, split in half, crushed on the white part.
- You need of (see the image).
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves (daun Salam).
- Prepare 4 of Kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of Curry leaves (daun kunyit).
- You need 2 tbs of soft Brown sugar as needed.
- It’s 1 tbs of bouillon Chicken powder.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs (boiled 6' in salted water& peeled in cold water tap).
- Prepare 3 of medium Potatoes, peeled & cut in chunks size, then put.
- You need of on a double pot: steam for 19 minutes.
- It’s 2 of cakes Bean Curds (Tahu), sliced, fried in hot oil until brown.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Melinjo fruits.
- It’s 10 of shallots, slice thickly.
- You need 6 cloves of Garlic, slice thickly.
- You need 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 10 of fresh red Chilies(leave 2 whole chillies whole as decorative).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper ground (mild hot).
- You need 1 tbs of bouillon Chicken.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt as needed.
- You need 1 tbs of Black pepper grinded.
- It’s of Kerupuk Emping 1 bag,bought raw from Asian market.Fry in hot oil.
- It’s 1 handful of fried Onions, to sprinkle on top of serving dish.
- Prepare of Jasmine rice cook in Rice Cooker or.
- Prepare 6 of Ketupat rice cakes (from Asian supermarket)cut in rough pieces.
- It’s of (see images).
- You need of Decorate: put 2 Basil leaves (or 2 stalks Coriander leaves).
Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 instructions
- The spicy paste has to be fried first in a wok with 3 tbs hot oil:put shallots,garlic,ginger,galangal,turmeric,lemongrass,kencur, candle nuts,coriander,red chilies.Stir to fry untill well cooked (!) emanating aroma-fragrance! Remove. Put the fried spicy into blender, blend it until a smooth paste. Remove..
- In a wok on medium heat put 4 cups water, thin coconut cream, the spicy paste, chicken pieces, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves,curry leaves, lemongrass, nutmeg,melinjo fruits, chicken stock powder, ground cayenne pepper, salt: stir to fry & mix. Keep stirring to avoid the coconut cream split, until the chicken is halfway cooked..
- Then add the rest the thick coconut cream while still stirring,add the cooked potatoes, prefried sliced bean curds,boiled eggs,sugar. Add more salt & more water if needed..
- When the casserole starting to boil, turn down the temp and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely. Turn off, remove the wok. Transfer Opor Ayam onto a deep large rectangular glass dish. Sprinkle on top with dried fried Onions, decorate with 2 Basil leaves. To serve with steamed Jasmine Rice or Ketupat cakes. Side dish: crunchy cracker Kerupuk emping..