Pita bread. Pita is actually a very straightforward bread dough: water, flour, yeast, salt, and that's about it. This homemade pita bread recipe is easy to make and requires a few ingredients you may already have on hand! And you can even prepare the dough ahead.
I think the puffing aspect of pita bread is what scares the bejeebies out of most people who think they might, at some point in. Pita bread became a popular bread choice, especially because the absence of shortening and the small amounts of sugar make it a low-fat food. Our very best homemade pita bread recipe! You can have Pita bread using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pita bread
- Prepare of strong white flour.
- It’s of plain flour.
- Prepare of fresh or 1 tsp fast action yeast.
- You need of caster sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of warm water.
If you like your pita bread soft, fluffy and light, then this super easy pita bread recipe is made for you! And for the ones wondering if it is worth making pita. When the bread is removed from oven. Store-bought pita bread is often stale and dry and your Chicken Shawarma deserves better than that.
Pita bread step by step
- Mix the flours with the salt, yeast (even if using fresh, just crumble it in) and sugar in a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer. Add the oil and water and mix to a soft sticky dough. Leave for 10 minutes, then knead briefly by hand or mix with a dough hook attachment. Leave for another 10 minutes, then repeat the kneading twice again. The final dough should be smooth, elastic and stop sticking to your hands and bounce off the sides of the bowl in a standing mixer. Leave covered for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to your highest setting (250C/485F/gas 9, or whatever you can get). Place a baking sheet in the oven to get it very hot..
- Turn the rested dough onto a floured surface and divide into 9-10 pieces, about 90g each. Shape them into balls, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 15 minutes. Roll out each ball, one or two at a time, reasonably thin, into oval shapes – about 5mm thick..
- Place one or two pitas on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes until they puff up and only just start to colour. Cool on a wire rack covered with a cloth, to keep them moist..
Pita bread is simple to make, puffs up like a balloon, and like most other breads, it is best enjoyed fresh. What is the difference between naan and pita bread? Both naan and pita are what are. I hope you enjoy this easy Pita Bread recipe! An oval-shaped Middle Eastern flat bread.