Creamy Apple gourd.
You can cook Creamy Apple gourd using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Apple gourd
- Prepare 250 gms of Apple gourd (tinda).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 3-4 tsp of Smooth(beaten) malai.
- It’s 2 of Crushed cloves.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek seeds less than.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Nigella seeds(klaunji)less than.
- You need 1 pinch of Asafoetida(opt).
- Prepare of For stuffing masala.
- Prepare to taste of Salt (1 tsp).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of For garnishing.
- It’s 1 pinch of Roasted cumin powder.
- You need 2 pinches of Dry coriander powder.
- You need as needed of Fresh coriander /cilantro leaves a few.
- You need 2 tbsp of Clarified butter/desi ghee.
Creamy Apple gourd step by step
- Firstly wash and scrape (peel off) the tindas then cut..give a + cut in the center (first cut straight then horizontal)..don't make cut fully till bottom.
- Mix salt, red pepper powder, garam masala, turmeric powder in a bowl and stuff in the tindas with the help of a spoon or by making pinch with index finger and thumb..fill all the tindas with same process..don't stuff much masala powder, save a little fo' gravy.
- Heat clarified butter/ghee in a non stick pan and roast crushed cloves, bay leaf, fenugreek and nigella seeds and asafoeteda..add a little bit of water and put tindas care fully masala stuffing side up..add rest of the masala which saved while stuffing (if yo'r masala has finished then can add pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and pinch of turmeric and garam masala(n't more than pinch).
- Cook on sim flame fo' minimum 10 minutes then add milk and cook little more till get soft(pierce a fork in tindas to check softness if pierce easily that means tindas r quitely cooked.. Add beaten malai and cook fo' 2 minutes more..check the consistency of gravy (it should be semi thicken, neither much thicker nor much pouring).. Flame off.
- Your creamy apple gourd (tindas) are ready.. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Red pepper tadka _slightly heat 3-4 drops of ghee in a tadka pan and roast a pinch of red pepper and garam masala pinch.. immediately switch off flame.
- Transfer creamy tindas into a bowl.. drizzle drops of pepper oil and sprinkle dry coriander/cilantro, roasted cumin powder..garnish with a tiny bunch of coriander/cilantro.
- Serve hot with chapatti or lachha paratha.
- "A perfect dish".