Smoky Chicken Mole.
You can cook Smoky Chicken Mole using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoky Chicken Mole
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 8 of Chicken thighs (skin removed).
- You need 2 of Red onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of Peppers (I use 1 red and 1 green) finely sliced.
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick, halved.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients mole sauce.
- It’s 2 of Dried habanero chillies.
- Prepare 240 grams of Brown basmati rice.
- It’s 400 grams of Tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 400 grams of Pinto beans.
- Prepare 25 grams of Dark chocolate (70% cocoa at least).
- It’s 1 of Lime- zest and juice.
Smoky Chicken Mole instructions
- Heat the oil in a large casserole. Season the chicken and fry over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook over a low heat for approximately 10 minutes, until soft, then stir in the garlic. Fry for 2 minutes before stirring in the cinnamon, mole sauce, chillies, tomatoes and beans. Fill the tomato can with water and add to the pan with the chicken. Cover and simmer for an hour. Uncover, cook for 30 minutes until thick. Season and stir in the chocolate and lime zest and juice before serving..
- Meanwhile cook the rice according to the packet instructions and serve with chicken..