Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴. It is called Verdens Beste Kake- In Norwegian which literally in english means the World's Best Cake.and it is. I believe it originates from The West Coast of Norway and it is heavenly. Sponge cake baked with meringue and almonds becomes the centerpiece of this delightful layer cake filled with custard and whipped cream.
Calling something the 'world's best cake' is quite a statement, but not something taken lightly by the Norwegians. This cake contains the most delicious This cake is so seriously good that it is often labelled the national cake of Norway. It is also known as Kvæfjord cake. You can cook Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table des Matières
Ingredients of Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴
- It’s 100 g of Butter.
- You need 100 g of Sugar.
- You need 100 g of All-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract (1 Vanilla bean).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 50 g of Sliced Almonds.
- You need of ✨Meringue Topping✨.
- Prepare 4 of White Eggs.
- It’s 175 g of Sugar.
- It’s of ✨Filling✨.
- Prepare 368 g of Vanilla Pudding (I used Snack pack pudding).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar (optional if you like it sweet).
- You need 300 ML of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Is it the World's Best Cake? That's a pretty lofty title to give any cake, so I'm not sure I could give this cake that title. Verdens beste kake, or Kvæfjordkake, means the world's best cake in English. It is a traditional and well known cake in Norway.
Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 step by step
- To make the filling mix together whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the cream until stiff and fold together with the pudding vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator at least 6 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and light. Add vanilla extract and the egg yolks one at a time. Beating to ensure everything is well incorporated. Add in the sifted flour, baking powder and milk. Fold in until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into a prepared pan and spread it out evenly and set aside for a few minutes..
- Next make the meringue topping. Whisk the egg whites until soft and stiff then add the sugar in very slowly, beating on high speed until it gets stiff peaks form(about 5 minutes). Spread the meringue mixture on top of the cake mixture. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the meringue is dry and has turned golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes in the pan..
- To assemble, cut the cake into two halves. On one half, spread the pastry cream mixture, then carefully put the other half on top. Leave it to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Yummy!.
During my last day stay in Trondheim, Mark's lovely wife, Peck Sze taught me how to make this special dessert. Gave it a try back at home and voila! This was good, but definitely not the world's best cake. Husband and boys loved it though. For me, the sponge part of the cake was too dense, I would have At Eat Your Books we love great recipes – and the best come from chefs, authors and bloggers who have spent time developing and testing them.