Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers.
You can have Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table des Matières
Ingredients of Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers
- You need of Burger base.
- You need of ground turkey.
- Prepare of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian style) more or less as preferred.
- You need of beaten egg.
- You need of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- You need of fresh ground pepper and sea salt (to taste).
- You need of "Additives".
- You need of sweet bell peppers (mix red, orange, yellow…about a 1/4 of each).
- It’s of green onion (spring onion/ scallions).
- Prepare of red onion (or any type).
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of scotch bonnet or " seasoning peppers" or other hot pepper seeds removed (optional).
- Prepare of Fixings/toppers/condiments.
- Prepare of burger bun of your preference (I like onion).
- You need of salad cream or hummus spread.
- It’s of of nice quality cheese (sharp or aged cheddar).
- You need of alfalfa sprouts, and thinly sliced: seedless cucumbers, red onion, grape tomatoes, avocado, red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms..
Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers instructions
- MAKE THE PATTIES….
- Layer 2 cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- Mince veggies in the "Additives" section very finely (use a mini chopper or food processor if available) Total yield should be about 3/4 cup..
- Combine all burger mix ingredients with minced veggies in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Lay mixture on a smooth cutting board in a square or rectangle, divide into even sections depending on the size of your patties. (8-10).
- Roll each divided section into a ball then flatten into a burger shaped pattie..
- Coat patties lightly in flour (optional step), place on wax paper not touching. Freeze..
- Once fully frozen (overnight), cut the paper so each pattie has its own square. Store in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container in the freezer..
- READY TO COOK?!!.
- When ready to cook, take burger(s) out of freezer, set aside. Prepare bun and fixins..
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium with a tiny bit of oil. Carefully place frozen burger into pan. Sear for 1-2 min each side, reduce heat to med-low. Cook another 6-7 minutes each side, gently press pattie occasionally to flatten and expel excess liquid..
- Remove pattie to a plate and allow to cool for a minute, then pop onto the waiting bun with fixins. Press gently to squish to a manageable size that will fit your chompers, then let the challenge begin! It's a practiced art form to eat a tall burger, and be ready for fallout if you used alot of fixins!!.
- Note: Can be cooked from frozen on a grillpress like a George Foreman (about 10 to 12 mins depending on grill, follow manufacturer cooking recommendations. Flip once 90° turn after 5 min for grid marks). And for you low carbers, serve bunless atop a bed of mixed baby greens and choice of toppers..